Response to text:
Highlight the correct answer or write down the appropriate response.
1. Who had stolen Te Fiti’s heart?
a) Moana b) Heihei
c) Maui d) Te Kā
2. Te Kā is
a) an island b) the ocean
c) the fish in the sea d) a Lava Monster
3. Explain why Moana had a lot of responsibilities for her age
→becoming the next chief of the island
4. True or False: Moana’s father is happy for her to go beyond the reef to catch more fish
a) True b) False
5. What is hidden behind the secret cave?
a) the sailboats of Moana’s ancestors b) a monster
c) hidden treasure d) the demigod Maui
6. What was Tala’s dying wish for her grand-daughter Moana?
a) to learn how to sail b) to return the heart of Te Fiti
c) to listen to her father d) to learn how to be a good Chief
7. Moana was able to find Maui by following a
a) fleet of ocean voyagers from her village b) a rooster called Heihei
c) constellation that looked like his fish hook d) ship full of Kakamora
8. In your own words describe why the movie ‘Moana’ was so popular for people living in NZ and in the Pacific
Please read the article on French Landmarks here before answering the questions.
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- How many people visit France each year?
- a) 80 Thousand b) 800 Million
- c) 80 Million d) 8 Million
- The Eiffel Tower is found in which French city?
- a) Bordeaux b) Paris
- c) Marseille d) Lyon
- The Eiffel Tower was built in
- a) 1999 b) 1840
- c) 1898 d) 1889
- List one fact about Versailles from the reading
→it was built to be a hunting lodge
- True or False: The Arc de Triomphe was built to honour French soldiers who fought during the war.
- a) True b) False
- The Louvre Museum is the biggest museum in the world and holds a famous piece of art called
- a) The Starry Night b) The Modern Lisa
- c) The Mona Lisa d) Sunflowers
- Which of the landmarks in France would you most like to visit and why?
→eiffel tower to see it from the bottom
France – Response to Text
Please read the article on France here before answering the questions.
1) France is a country in Europe.
- a) True b) False
2) France is the largest country in
- a) Northern Europe b) Western Europe
- c) Eastern Europe d) Southern Europe
3) The capital city of France is
- a) London b) Wellington
- c) Paris d) Rome
4) The population of France is
- a) 5 million b) 100 million
- c) 50 million d) 67 million
5) The currency (money) in France is called the
- a) Euro b) Dollar
- c) Peso d) Tālā
6) One of the most famous products sold to other countries by the French is
- a) T-Shirts b) Vacuums
- c) Cheese d) Electronics
7) The number of tourists who visit France each year is approximately
- a) 8 Million b) 80 Million
- c) 80 Thousand d) 800 Million
8) Bordeaux is a famous wine region in France
- a) False b) True
9) France is well known for its food such as
- a) crepes b) baguettes
- c) truffles d) all of the above
10) Escargot is the French name for a famous French delicacy made from
- a) cheese b) truffles
- c) snails d) baguettes